Thursday, August 20, 2009

$485

$485. That is how much a rolling, right-turn, red light ticket costs in the great state of California. Apparently they are trying to make up for their failing economy and lack of state money by over-enforcing, and making citizens over-pay for their traffic citations. When I got the ticket in the mail, I marched right into the Napa Traffic Court, hoping to become some sort of revolutionary figure, and gave the poor 16 year old secretary a piece of my mind. I told her I was a new mom who no longer was employed and how ridiculous it was for her to think that in these economic times someone in my situation could pay this sort of fine. She told me the best she could do was give me a 2 week extension to get my money together. Thank you.

4 comments:

Lindsey said...

Oh Kath I am so sorry, things like that just ruin your whole week. but I'm LOVING the picture, haha. Your face perfectly expresses how I feel every day driving home in five o'clock traffic. Way to try to start the revolution

jenna said...

i can just see it now.

remember when i used to make you do my returns at nordstrom? you've always had more guts than me. i pretty much would have paid $485 to see you give that poor innocent girl the smack down.

April Kennedy said...

At least you don't have your baby sitting on your lap!

And Jenna, Kathy has offered to do my returns at Nordstroms too. Maybe I should take her up on it!

lmhiserman said...

I love that you took out all of your frustration on a 16 year old. That is so something I would do! I hope the rest of your week has turned out to be better than that. Merrill told me I'd better watch out because I always do the rolling stops too!